Ask a Question
Full list of Questions
Do I need to make a will in Turkey? Paying my council tax in Turkey? How do I apply for a criminal record check in Turkey?
Do I need to always carry I.D while traveling around turkey? Traveling with a child of dual Turkish and other nationality Is my Will legal in Turkey?
What is Turkish Condominium Law? (Law No. 634) How to add a name / spouse to a Tapu - (Property Title deeds - Turkey) My neighbors tree extends into my property, can I legally cut it down?
How do I get a replacement title deed (Tapu) in Turkey? Do you have trading standards in Turkey? How to change / upgrade my title deed from KAT IRTIFAKI to Kat Mulkiyeti (Final Tapu)
How to remove a person from a Title Deed (Tapu) - Turkey TURKISH WILL - Is it possible to Disinherit Loved Ones ? Turkish Will - Scenarios
What is a Senet ? (Promissory Note - Turkey) Foreign Direct Investment Law Application of Turkish Citizenship through investment
What is an Apostille and why is it needed? - Turkey Hiring Cleaners and Gardeners in Turkey and paying SGK Obtaining a criminal record check from your home country
what can a person do if they are rejected by the immigration office for either a first time residency or extension of residency permit. How do i apply for Turkish Citizernship through investment for myself and my family? Do I need to use a translator for legal documents?
What kind of translators are there in Turkey? What is a Sworn Translator? Do I need to get legal documents translated?
Do I need to pay extra for translations?
Turkish and Foreign nationals who own property/land in Turkey are legally required to pay tax.

Firstly you need to register your land or property with your local council office (Belediysi).

The following documents are required

title deed copy

passport copy

Turkish tax number

habitation certificate - What is that?

The amount of property tax paid is designate according to the size (square metres) of the property or land.

You need to visit your local Beledisei to find out when your payments are due, (not all councils have the same payment due dates) you can pay annually or twice a year.
Payments are accepted in cash and are payable at the Council Offices and some councils allow you to pay online.
If you make a late payment you will incur a small fine. If you are unsure of when you need to pay, contact your local council office, they will inform you of any outstanding bills or when you are due payment.
You need to take a form of id and your Tapu to pay your land tax.
If you sell your property you need to get a document from the council confirming you have paid any outstanding taxes before the sale can be completed.

Can a person pay the land tax on my behalf?
Yes, if they have are supplied with your documents, you can appoint a property management company to pay all your bills on your behalf.

Tags: None