It is important to have the following in place, if you are planning on living in Turkey.

» Turkish Tax number or Yabanci Kimlik number (Foreigners Identity Number) - You will need to have this in order to do such things as; open a Turkish bank account, register utility bills in your own name, paying Turkish land/council taxes and applying for a Turkish driving license. A Turkish tax number can be obtained from your local Tax office (Vergi Dairesi)

» Turkish Residence permit - This is a permit granted to all foreign nationals, allowing them permission to reside in Turkey. This can be issued for up to 2 years (Short-Term Residence Permit), 3 years (Family Residence Permit), 5 years (Short-Term Permit for KKTC and foreign national investors) or *permanent (Long-Term Residence Permit).

» Contact YellAli for Professional Assistance with your Turkish Residence Permit

Helpful Blogs: You may like to read YellAli blogs for » Working and Living in Turkey

Please note: Having a Turkish residence permit is a requirement for the following;
- Shipping personal items to Turkey
- Registering a land-line telephone/internet.

» Yabanci Kimlik number - This translates to, Foreigner Identity Number (FIN). This number is issued to all foreigners and may be required for:

• Obtaining a Turkish driving license
• Public notary proceedings
• Purchase and sale of real estate
• Obtaining and renewing insurance policies
• Bank accounts and transactions
• Purchasing a Vehicle

» Contact YellAli for Professional Assistance with your Property Purchase
YellAli provides Legal Assistance for both Buying & Selling Property in Turkey.

Disclaimer: The information on this site is provided as a general guide. Information published to YellAli is confirmed by official government departments in Turkey. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the site is up to date and accurate, information may be subject to change at any time. YellAli does not accept any responsibility or liability for inaccuracies in this information.

» Receive Advice, TIPS & important updates
Direct to your email address
Sign up FREE to YellAli

Tags: Residency Permit, Retiring, Tax number