Ask a Question
Full list of Questions
If you have declared yourself as ‘retired’ on your application forms and/ or on your Residency permit then as long as you are NOT in receipt of a UK state pension you may remain as a dependent on your spouse’s policy or hold membership in your own right if you are single or unmarried.

If this does not apply to you then you must visit your local SGK office and declare that you are not receiving a UK state pension so you can continue to benefit. This written declaration is sufficient to ensure that you remain on the policy as your spouse’s dependent or hold your own policy, as the SGK system does not have access to the required information to differentiate between individuals who have classed themselves as ‘retired’ and are not in receipt of a UK state pension and those who are retired and do have this pension as income.

Disclaimer: The information on this site is provided as a general guide. Information published to YellAli is confirmed by official government departments in Turkey. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the site is up to date and accurate, information may be subject to change at any time. YellAli does not accept any responsibility or liability for inaccuracies in this information.

Tags: SGK