Ask a Question
Full list of Questions
Do I need to make a will in Turkey? Paying my council tax in Turkey? How do I apply for a criminal record check in Turkey?
Do I need to always carry I.D while traveling around turkey? Traveling with a child of dual Turkish and other nationality Is my Will legal in Turkey?
What is Turkish Condominium Law? (Law No. 634) How to add a name / spouse to a Tapu - (Property Title deeds - Turkey) My neighbors tree extends into my property, can I legally cut it down?
How do I get a replacement title deed (Tapu) in Turkey? Do you have trading standards in Turkey? How to change / upgrade my title deed from KAT IRTIFAKI to Kat Mulkiyeti (Final Tapu)
How to remove a person from a Title Deed (Tapu) - Turkey TURKISH WILL - Is it possible to Disinherit Loved Ones ? Turkish Will - Scenarios
What is a Senet ? (Promissory Note - Turkey) Foreign Direct Investment Law Application of Turkish Citizenship through investment
What is an Apostille and why is it needed? - Turkey Hiring Cleaners and Gardeners in Turkey and paying SGK Obtaining a criminal record check from your home country
what can a person do if they are rejected by the immigration office for either a first time residency or extension of residency permit. How do i apply for Turkish Citizernship through investment for myself and my family? Do I need to use a translator for legal documents?
What kind of translators are there in Turkey? What is a Sworn Translator? Do I need to get legal documents translated?
Do I need to pay extra for translations?
If your current title deed (tapu) has 'Kat irtifakı' checked on your document and not 'Kat mülkiyeti', this will not effect you legally, providing you have a » habitation certificate.
By having your habitation certificate (living permission), you are entitled to electricity & water in your own name etc.

By having 'Kat irtifakı' checked the property is classified as a 'dwelling' and after the building is fully construction/completed,  it would usually be 'upgraded' to a finished build. ('Kat mülkiyeti')

If the Tapu remains as 'Kat irtifakı'  it is not a huge problem and will not effect you legally. (By this we mean, legal rights to electricity, water, living etc)

If you want to change the status of your property, you will need to submit the following documentation to your local deed office;

- Habitation certificate (living permission)
- Management plan of the site (if applicable)
- Construction plan of the building

There will be some fees involved to change it from 'Kat irtifakı' to 'Kat mülkiyeti'. 

Please note; If you have paid your builder to do this, then they must complete this fully and pay all the fees.

Disclaimer: The information on this site is provided as a general guide. The above information is provided by legal representatives of YellAli. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the site is up to date and accurate, information may be subject to change at any time. YellAli does not accept any responsibility or liability for inaccuracies in this information.

Tags: Legal