Ask a Question
Full list of Questions
Do I need to make a will in Turkey? Paying my council tax in Turkey? How do I apply for a criminal record check in Turkey?
Do I need to always carry I.D while traveling around turkey? Traveling with a child of dual Turkish and other nationality Is my Will legal in Turkey?
What is Turkish Condominium Law? (Law No. 634) How to add a name / spouse to a Tapu - (Property Title deeds - Turkey) My neighbors tree extends into my property, can I legally cut it down?
How do I get a replacement title deed (Tapu) in Turkey? Do you have trading standards in Turkey? How to change / upgrade my title deed from KAT IRTIFAKI to Kat Mulkiyeti (Final Tapu)
How to remove a person from a Title Deed (Tapu) - Turkey TURKISH WILL - Is it possible to Disinherit Loved Ones ? Turkish Will - Scenarios
What is a Senet ? (Promissory Note - Turkey) Foreign Direct Investment Law Application of Turkish Citizenship through investment
What is an Apostille and why is it needed? - Turkey Hiring Cleaners and Gardeners in Turkey and paying SGK Obtaining a criminal record check from your home country
what can a person do if they are rejected by the immigration office for either a first time residency or extension of residency permit. How do i apply for Turkish Citizernship through investment for myself and my family? Do I need to use a translator for legal documents?
What kind of translators are there in Turkey? What is a Sworn Translator? Do I need to get legal documents translated?
Do I need to pay extra for translations?
To remove a person or spouse from a Tapu (title deed) you will need to 'buy the shares' of the property from the current owner.
i.e If you both own 50% of the property, they are 'selling' their 50% share to you.

Please visit your local land registry office (Tapu Sicil Müdürlükleri) and inform them you want to buy the shares of the property from the title deed holder and you want to remove their name from the Tapu. (Title Deed) This is known as a 'Transaction of acquisition'.

You will need to book an appointment with your local land registry office, and they will want to see all documentation (as listed below) The process can be completed in a day, depending on availability from the land registry. You will need to pay a sales transfer fee of 4 % - plus some additional administrative taxes, stamp duties, and land registry office charges.

Please note; All parties or legal representatives must attend.

The fee is calculated on the value of the property.

You will need your
passport ID
Turkish tax number Or Foreigners Identity Number
Dask Policy
Notarised copy of Passport

Disclaimer: The information on this site is provided as a general guide. Information published to YellAli is confirmed by official government departments in Turkey. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the site is up to date and accurate, information may be subject to change at any time. YellAli does not accept any responsibility or liability for inaccuracies in this information.

» Receive Advice, TIPS & important updates
Direct to your email address
Sign up FREE to YellAli

Tags: Expat advice