Your on holiday in Turkey and decide to hit the bars & clubs. You have a great time with your family and friends and drink, drink, drink.
And the next day? a pure head-pounding, stomach-churning, 'pass the bucket' Hangover.
Your body's not-so-kind to you now, thanks to last night. but, it was fun while it lasted…..
So just for you 'party animals', here are some holiday hangover cures to bring you back to life:-
Hangover Remedies1. Vitamin C - Alcohol takes this out of you body and you need to put it back in as soon as possible. Drink Orange juice, tomato, a 600mg Vitamin C tablet - any of these will help.
2. Water - H2O is a must, as alcohol causes dehydration.
3. Drink Ayran - This is a Turkish drink, which consists of water, yogurt and salt and altough not the best tasting drink, it will help to rehydrate your body.
4. Drink Coke - The fizz will help with the nausea and the liquid is for the dehydration. The sugar will help to make you feel a bit more lively.
5. Try Turkey's very own remedy - Tripe soup. The innards are boiled with garlic, onion, and sometimes cream. You can even eat it prophylactically to prevent an imminent hangover.
6. Avoid bright lights and/or loud noises - Hangovers cause hypersensitivity to light and noise. Wear sunglasses and avoid listening to loud music.
7. Go back to sleep - Alcohol disrupts the sleep cycle, so part of the reason you are feeling so tired is because your body is sleep-deprived. Getting a few more hours of sleep will have you feeling better in no time.
8. A Hot shower/Bath - The heat will sweat out the toxins that are causing all the problems. You'll feel a bit woozy at first but go with it and you'll feel better afterwards.
9. Time - The abover hangover remedies will help ease the suffering. But the hangover won't stop until the alcohol is fully out of your system.
Hangover PreventionVitiman B
Gets a reserve of Vitamin B into your system.
Alternate fruit juice or water in amongst your drinks to avoid dehydration later on.
Hangover Remedy FailsMore Alcohol ("Hair of the Dog")
This will provide a numbing effect, but all you're doing is prolonging the inevitable, and it will likely make your hangover worse.
Avoid coffee or caffeinated teas. Many people drink coffee in order to "wake up" from a hangover, but the caffeine will only make matters worse by further dehydrating you.
Full English Breakfast
Fatty foods are scientifically proven to be a better preventative than a cure; the grease helps repel the alcohol from the stomach lining but will only irritate a hungover person's stomach further.
Enjoy this Blog? want to read more....
Sign up to YellAli's weekly newsletter and receive the latest information in Turkey - Tips, procedures, advice, promotions and much more!
Join YellAli for FREE