Update regarding Residency permits by the British Consulate. UKinTurkey
New Residency Law application Q & A to Directorate General of Migration Management (GDMM)
We asked the following questions of the GDMM on Friday 2 May and received the following responses this week:
1. Is there a health cover criteria for short term residence permits? Is existing membership of SGK acceptable for this or not?
Appropriate instructions where sent to governmental offices. They can get information at the time of their application. SGK is acceptable.
2. Why are some TNP Offices refusing to accept SGK membership and informing applicants to purchase private medical insurance to apply for short term residence permits?
Answered above. Insurance legislation is comprehensive and has international aspects. Having a valid insurance from another country was taken into account. We are aware that there are some uncertainty.
3. Can renewal applicants travel out of and back in to Turkey using a letter from the TNP office (stating that they have an application for residence permit renewal in process) and not be liable for fines and problems without having to purchase a tourist visa on re-entry?
Yes TNP issue such a document. When their application is in process, they can stay in Turkey legally with that document. If they paid the residence fee at the time of their application. they can leave Turkey without paying fine and can enter Turkey without buying visa within 15 days.
4. For those British nationals who have been told to get a tourist visa to cover them whilst the TNP offices were not accepting applications, will this be considered a break in residency which will affect their future qualification for indefinite residency and Turkish citizenship?
Conditions of break in residency is described in the article 28 of law no 6458.
(This law can be found in English on www.goc.gov.tr)
5. Can applicants show proof of a UK state or private pension income?
It is possible. However it must be valid in Turkey.
6. Do the savings have to be in TL in a Turkish bank account ?
We do not have a significant banking provision. However, it is important to be transferrable.
7. The new residence permit cards are to be posted to the applicant's home address from Ankara. Whilst this will work fine in the cities, in the town/resort areas where many British national residents live there is a very limited postal service. Can cards be posted back to the TNP office for collection?
Posting system is widespread and smooth. If the applicant is not found in his/her address the mail can be collected from the nearest PTT office in the first instance and then be collected from the Aliens Department. Please do not attempt to receive the mail by hand before you receive the message "not found in the address!". We prefer to deliver the post to their address in order to keep the quality of our service to the foreigners.
Turkish Residency Permit Types
To receive the Latest News in Turkey, free Advice and much more :
Sign up FREE to YellAli